Oh how I just adore the family I'm blogging about today. I'm lucky enough to say I've been photographing the Wilke family for Threes years now! I truly can't believe how much their little girl has grown and changed since I first met them.
Makenley has a love for all animals, however, she is particularly fond of her dog Riley and her (many) stuffed animals. She usually arrives with one or two stuffies for her sessions. I am happy to include them if we can. :)
And, it goes without saying, Nicole and Michael have become my friends over the time we've worked together. It's hard to not become friends with someone like Nicole, she is kind and patient. Dad and husband Michael is just as great. he too is kind and is willing to go along with our ideas.
When Nicole called me to take their photos again, I don't think I could have scheduled them fast enough.
And as for the day of the shoot, I had a great time! They had a pretty great time, too Especially when treats were involved.
"I enjoyed the variety on terms of the location and poses offered during the session. I also love that we get a large selection of images in such a short period of time,” says Nicole.
Okay, enough text. Check out the amazing Wilke family!
Today I want you to meet Ciara. She is funny, gorgeous and a genuinely kind soul who you would want to spend your day with,These are the words and thoughts that come to mind when I think about this young woman.
Ciara is a senior at Monticello High School. She is active in softball and bowling. She most recently bowled a 146! Congratulations Ciara!!
When I met Ciara at the location chosen for her senior session, I was immediately struck by her beauty and quick smile. I enjoyed walking around downtown Annandale, getting to know what she likes and chatting with her mom. We had a little time to work on our fancy catwalk strut and our serious senior look that always ended with her beautiful smile.
I loved the outfits that Ciara brought to the shoot. They complimented her skin tone and style perfectly. A classic look for any fun and sophisticated young lady.
I asked Ciara's mom whether they had any advice to offer others who were getting ready to take senior pictures. This is what she had to share:
"Take notes of what you want to bring. We forgot to bring our dog but plan to have family pics done with the dog soon."
After high school, Ciara plans to continue to further her education. Which she will have no problems doing.
Best of luck to you, Ciara. I know that you'll do wonderful things!
6 Stress Relieving Tips to NOT have a Mental Breakdown during your session.
Family photos are great- they help you create and remember fond memories of your loving family. However, this day can get very stressful, and we want to ensure this doesn't happen. If you're stressed it will show and we want your photos to be carefree. Here are some tips you can use on picture day to help you relax.
1. Take some deep breaths. Deep breathing is a common relaxation method. It can quickly calm your stress level and you can do it anywhere. Breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, counting slowly in your head while letting it all out.
2. Laugh. Laughter is a great way to release tension. It will also help your family relax to get some genuine smiles. Have everyone pretend to laugh and they will feel so ridiculous that they will actually laugh. This will ease everyone into relaxation mode.
3. Count down slowly (in your head) from 10. Take a deep breath between each number. If you're still feeling super stressed, start the process over, back at 10.
4. Distract yourself. If your family isn't cooperating and you are getting stressed, suggest that we play a game or take a walk. This will let some of the energy out and also give us some good interacting photos. Prior to your session, think of a short game that your family would enjoy- it could be something like duck, duck, grey duck or dancing to head, shoulders, knees and toes, etc.
You can also distract yourself by going to your 'happy place.' Try to take yourself out of the situation you're in and let your mind wander.
5. Trace your hand. Take your finger and trace a figure eight on the palm of your opposite hand. This helps relieve stress and muscle tension.
and Michelle Towne Photography's FAVORITE
6. Give lots of XOXOXOXO's. Not only will these make for cute poses, but one of the most effective ways to alleviate stress is to hug someone or to kiss them. Gather your family in a big group hug, or give your husband a kiss and let your worries melt away.
Welcome to Michelle Towne Photography's 2018 Holiday Mini Special!
This year is extra special. The first time Michelle Towne Photography is offering MILK & COOKIE Mini Sessions.
These sessions are perfecting timing for your holiday cards. Short 15 min sessions where kiddos can dress in their favorite Christmas pajamas or in their Christmas Best, leave a letter for Santa and eat cookies. What more could littles or you, ask for?!
These sessions come with 3 digital files and a print release and a personalized return letter from Santa mailed to your little one just in time for Christmas.
To book your session just follow this link and choose your time slot: michelletownephotography.bigcartel.com/product/milk-cookie-minis?fbclid=IwAR0LvVPi9FpKf6eNv5Vl1_8oj_Y7TX0Mf86MYYLBt23i6YQqRWNt9_LUnKQ
Michelle Towne Photography is just as excited as this little guy!
Over the next few months, you will see some new content on our website. New photos, new options, and new stories including the blog where you will find all of your wonderful sessions.
Michelle Towne Photography is excited to be expanding our talents with new lighting, new props, and new drops. To book your sessions, email us at email@example.com
Hello! I'm Michelle.