So we meet again, dear blog readers!
The topic of discussion for today is none other than the One Year Old Easton.
I was over the moon when I got a call from Emily saying she wanted to book a cake smash session for E-man. I have done several sessions with this family over the last 5 years ranging from extended family, maternity, birthday/ milestone, holiday minis, mommy & me and birth sessions. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this family grow and mature.
I asked recently why they decided to book another session with Michelle Towne Photography and simply stated “You are amazing. You listen to my input, know what I enjoy and are just a joy to be around and work with!” says Emily. I'm so honored!
Easton, who is the star of the show in the post, is the youngest of 5!
As expected, Mom did a wonderful job preparing him for our session.. Emily always comes with an array of clothing options which is great because the kids and myself can help choose the best outfit to go with their personality. Sometimes we choose a top that will bring out the color of the kiddos eyes, sometimes it's based on what they are currently into such as "Baby Shark."
Because my last session with Easton went so well, I knew it wouldn't be any different this time around. And I was right! Check it out for yourself:
Hi ladies and gentlemen!
We've got some serious reason to celebrate! The beautiful momma is ready to have her a little prince or princess, due in only 10 short days. If that isn't reason to do a happy dance, I don't know what is!
I had the privilege of photographing Ashley at the beginning of November in the studio and she was just as lovely as can be.
I asked to what was one piece of advice you would give to other expecting mothers for their session and she said "Just embrace every moment of it and listen to the photographers pointers! SMILE!
Well you can certainly see she took her own advice. Her smile is radiant and she is glowing.
She's a natural beauty and it shows through the lens.
I asked something special that dad has done for her during this pregnancy.. BACK MASSAGES! “Back massages have been this mama's best friend! So whenever daddy has offered to give one, each has been very much appreciated,” says Ashley. That's so sweet!
As you can see from the pictures below, Ashley was the perfect soon-to-be mom. She certainly has embraced the beauty of pregnancy and the changes that a woman's body goes through to grow such a little miracle. Any photographer would be lucky to photograph her. And that baby bump couldn't get any cuter!
The proof is in the pictures!
The holiday season is upon us! Looking for the perfect gift for your friends and family? Get sentimental this year with personalized presents from your photo session! We offer a wide selection of products. Check out these ideas:
For more information on these products, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which products interest you.
New to Michelle Towne Photography:
PURE BABY SESSIONS
These sessions are 30 mins long and are done for any baby over and above the newborn stage. Baby will be photographed on a pure white blanket with a white background showcasing your baby. 1-2 props, such as a blanket or bowl, can be used. Babies should wear a white onsie or diaper with cover. These sessions work perfect for the 4 month- 9 month stages!
You can find out more about pricing on our website www.michelletownephotography.com/children-and-family.html
So we meet again, dear blog readers!
The topic of discussion for today is none other than Jace. A super fun kiddo from Buffalo. If his face look familiar to you, it's because I've photographed this kiddo before.
I was over the moon when I got an email from Liz saying she wanted to book a session with her young man. I remember when Liz booked me to take their Watermelon Mini Session, I was happy to know that they enjoyed me as much as I enjoyed them!
Jace is ALL boy and strong willed. He is very photogenic and has a fun, spunky personality.
As expected, Mom did a wonderful job preparing Jace for our session. She chose colors that are great for him and we were able to bring out his beautiful brown eyes. She didn't bring any props, but brought a bribe (toy train) that made it into some of his photos He is train obsessed!
Because my last session with the Jace went so well, I knew it wouldn't be any different this time around. And I was right! Check it out for yourself:
Welcome back all,
I recently had a stupendous session with the Dierkes family. I've said it before and I'll say it again – I truly have the best clients ever! This family was no exception, either. Even though the location was changed and the weather was cold, they took everything in stride!
We met at Mill Creek Park I love shooting at Mill Creek because it allows several options for water, grassy areas and trees with in a small walking area for young kiddos.
For our shoot, the Dierkes's chose colors from a color scheme from Michelle Towne Photography's suggestion to find something that went along with the fall colors. The outfits they chose really made for some amazing photos with the fall colors.
It truly was an amazing photo shoot. And if any of you are considering a family session or are prepping for an upcoming session, heed the words of Tahlia:
“Be open and go with the flow. If you are open to Michelle's wisdom, it will go quickly and smoothly. Also, just be yourself,” she says. Solid advice!
Okay, on to pictures of the Dierkes family!
When it comes to family picture day, a lot of stress is typically associated with days leading up to the session. We’re here to help you relax and be prepared all at the same time. Here are some tips:
1. Find the outfits you want everyone to wear a month in advance and set them aside somewhere safe. Then try them on a week ahead of time to ensure everything still fits comfortably and that you didn’t miss any stains or holes that you couldn’t see until they were being worn.
2. As soon as your family changes out of their photo attire, make sure it is clean and pressed to be ready for the big day. Set the clothes together (sorted by person) and place them somewhere free from harm and dirt. Be sure to tell everyone that these are picture clothes and not to be worn until picture day. This will help to be sure that no articles of clothing go missing. Don’t forget about shoes, jewelry, belts, and other accessories.
3. About three to four days prior to the session, start talking with your husband and kids about the session and what will happen and how they should behave. If you plan to use a bribe, now is a good time to set that in place. Continue to talk to your children daily to prepare them for the session.
4. Two days prior to the session, pack a bag of everything you will need on picture day – snacks, props, bribery, etc. and put it somewhere you can grab it and go. Be sure to include wipes in case things get messy, an extra hairbrush, and other “emergency” items, such as bobby pins and a backup lipstick.
5. On the day of the session, make sure everyone is well fed, but not overfed. We don’t want sick little tummies from overeating, but we don’t want anyone getting “hangry” (angry because they are so hungry) either. Do not get your family dressed in their photo clothes until after they have eaten and brushed their teeth. This will prevent spills and other messy accidents.
6. If you have young children, avoid any colored drinks the day of the session until after we are finished. Also, get them to wear a bib or drop cloth if they drink anything on the way to the session to save their shirts from wet spots or stains.
7. Once you get to the session, try to relax. If you have set a bribe, please let me know so I can use that throughout the session if the children get restless. Trust your photographers - know that I will take care of things and will deliver amazing photos of your family.
So you've booked a session. You are ready, but have you thought about your kids?
I’ve prepared a checklist of things for you to remember in order to help make sure your child is prepared for their big day!
These are just guidelines and we need to make sure that we are following your childrens cues. Some kiddos take longer to warm up than others and that's okay. Some kiddos will take a few photos really well and then just be D.O.N.E- and that's okay too. They all have their own personalities. I will do my best to try and engage kiddos with games, songs dancing, We need to be patient with them and enjoy our time with them.
It's that time of year again where Michelle Towne Photography is looking for their next family to become their 2019 Family Representatives.
What do we get?
The chosen family will receive 4 FREE SESSIONS throughout the year and print credits based on referrals that the family sends to us. Interested? Keep reading!
What do we have to do?
You have to complete the 4 sessions within the calendar year (January- December 2019) Best way to accomplish this is to do one session for each season. You must be active on social media and share posted material from Michelle Towne Photography's Facebook page/ blog, this includes and specials and events that Michelle posts. You must support Michelle Towne Photography by referring people to us who are looking for sessions, this includes family, newborn, seniors etc. That's it. Word of Mouth is the most powerful way to make your support known and your friends and family rely on you to give them that word.
How do we sign up?
There is no 'sign up'. We ask that you send us an email stating WHY you would love to be a family who represents Michelle Towne Photography and HOW you would help promote our business along with a photo of your family, by December 15th, 2018.
How do you choose the family?
All of the letters that are sent to Michelle Towne Photography will be reviewed by an impartial person. Upon review of the letters, said person will email Michelle with their choice who they think would best suit Michelle Towne Photography and our values. The family will be notified by December 30th, 2018.
Where do we send our letter?
Please email Michelle at email@example.com by midnight December 15th, 2018.
Thank you and we hope that you have a very blessed holiday season!
Oh how I just adore the family I'm blogging about today. I'm lucky enough to say I've been photographing the Wilke family for Threes years now! I truly can't believe how much their little girl has grown and changed since I first met them.
Makenley has a love for all animals, however, she is particularly fond of her dog Riley and her (many) stuffed animals. She usually arrives with one or two stuffies for her sessions. I am happy to include them if we can. :)
And, it goes without saying, Nicole and Michael have become my friends over the time we've worked together. It's hard to not become friends with someone like Nicole, she is kind and patient. Dad and husband Michael is just as great. he too is kind and is willing to go along with our ideas.
When Nicole called me to take their photos again, I don't think I could have scheduled them fast enough.
And as for the day of the shoot, I had a great time! They had a pretty great time, too Especially when treats were involved.
"I enjoyed the variety on terms of the location and poses offered during the session. I also love that we get a large selection of images in such a short period of time,” says Nicole.
Okay, enough text. Check out the amazing Wilke family!
Today I want you to meet Ciara. She is funny, gorgeous and a genuinely kind soul who you would want to spend your day with,These are the words and thoughts that come to mind when I think about this young woman.
Ciara is a senior at Monticello High School. She is active in softball and bowling. She most recently bowled a 146! Congratulations Ciara!!
When I met Ciara at the location chosen for her senior session, I was immediately struck by her beauty and quick smile. I enjoyed walking around downtown Annandale, getting to know what she likes and chatting with her mom. We had a little time to work on our fancy catwalk strut and our serious senior look that always ended with her beautiful smile.
I loved the outfits that Ciara brought to the shoot. They complimented her skin tone and style perfectly. A classic look for any fun and sophisticated young lady.
I asked Ciara's mom whether they had any advice to offer others who were getting ready to take senior pictures. This is what she had to share:
"Take notes of what you want to bring. We forgot to bring our dog but plan to have family pics done with the dog soon."
After high school, Ciara plans to continue to further her education. Which she will have no problems doing.
Best of luck to you, Ciara. I know that you'll do wonderful things!
6 Stress Relieving Tips to NOT have a Mental Breakdown during your session.
Family photos are great- they help you create and remember fond memories of your loving family. However, this day can get very stressful, and we want to ensure this doesn't happen. If you're stressed it will show and we want your photos to be carefree. Here are some tips you can use on picture day to help you relax.
1. Take some deep breaths. Deep breathing is a common relaxation method. It can quickly calm your stress level and you can do it anywhere. Breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, counting slowly in your head while letting it all out.
2. Laugh. Laughter is a great way to release tension. It will also help your family relax to get some genuine smiles. Have everyone pretend to laugh and they will feel so ridiculous that they will actually laugh. This will ease everyone into relaxation mode.
3. Count down slowly (in your head) from 10. Take a deep breath between each number. If you're still feeling super stressed, start the process over, back at 10.
4. Distract yourself. If your family isn't cooperating and you are getting stressed, suggest that we play a game or take a walk. This will let some of the energy out and also give us some good interacting photos. Prior to your session, think of a short game that your family would enjoy- it could be something like duck, duck, grey duck or dancing to head, shoulders, knees and toes, etc.
You can also distract yourself by going to your 'happy place.' Try to take yourself out of the situation you're in and let your mind wander.
5. Trace your hand. Take your finger and trace a figure eight on the palm of your opposite hand. This helps relieve stress and muscle tension.
and Michelle Towne Photography's FAVORITE
6. Give lots of XOXOXOXO's. Not only will these make for cute poses, but one of the most effective ways to alleviate stress is to hug someone or to kiss them. Gather your family in a big group hug, or give your husband a kiss and let your worries melt away.
Welcome to Michelle Towne Photography's 2018 Holiday Mini Special!
This year is extra special. The first time Michelle Towne Photography is offering MILK & COOKIE Mini Sessions.
These sessions are perfecting timing for your holiday cards. Short 15 min sessions where kiddos can dress in their favorite Christmas pajamas or in their Christmas Best, leave a letter for Santa and eat cookies. What more could littles or you, ask for?!
These sessions come with 3 digital files and a print release and a personalized return letter from Santa mailed to your little one just in time for Christmas.
To book your session just follow this link and choose your time slot: michelletownephotography.bigcartel.com/product/milk-cookie-minis?fbclid=IwAR0LvVPi9FpKf6eNv5Vl1_8oj_Y7TX0Mf86MYYLBt23i6YQqRWNt9_LUnKQ
Michelle Towne Photography is just as excited as this little guy!
Over the next few months, you will see some new content on our website. New photos, new options, and new stories including the blog where you will find all of your wonderful sessions.
Michelle Towne Photography is excited to be expanding our talents with new lighting, new props, and new drops. To book your sessions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello! I'm Michelle.